Tuesday, August 31, 2010

So many inventions, so little time...

Gosh, I have been SO busy lately! New house, new job, this and that and blah, blah, BLAH. I haven't even had ONE second to work on my latest inventions. The first one on the docket is a special clock. I might have mentioned how tricky it is to know if I should be drinking coffee or wine between 6 and 8. Is it A.M. or is it P.M.? Who knows?!?! All those greek words or whatever are way too complicated. No, what I need is an easy-peasy way to tell what I should be sucking down. So here's my idea: a clock that displays a coffee cup symbol from midnight to noon, and a wine glass from noon to midnight. That's just the default setting, of course; it's totally adjustable if those don't suit you for drinking hours. You could have different symbols, too. Martini glasses at night, say, and Gatorade bottles for morning. Whatever floats your boat, I always say!

Then, when I'm done with that, I need to devise a code so Lloyd and I can discuss things in front of the boys. Weston is an accomplished little speller now, so that's out, and Lloyd inexplicably neither speaks nor understands pig latin. Atwhay ethay uckfay, right?? He sometimes tries to use the military alphabet, so 'toy' would be tango oscar yankee, but I don't have the attention span for that. Plus I can never remember all the letters, so it's a good thing I'm not trying to call in artillery support or something. As it is, I'm worried Weston is going to get a remote control can for his birthday. So if anyone has a good code, let me know because I gotta get that clock done soon. Usually it doesn't matter if I mix up my beverages, but I'm starting a new job soon, so it's pretty urgent that I get a handle on that.

1 comment:

Helen said...

I want to comment, but I think I need some time. Lots...of...time...