Thursday, March 25, 2010

Vacation

You might possibly have noticed I haven't posted anything all week. This is because I am on 'vacation'. We flew a red-eye to the east coast and are visiting Lloyd's family, just for funsies. We flew through the night because circumstances forced us to, and I was really dreading it. It was about what you'd expect, not very fun, although the kids slept the entire time. I was really surprised to see tons of people traveling with kids in the middle of the night. What are they, CRAZY?!?!?!? Come on, people! There were pajama-clad children EVERYWHERE!

And now, here we are, hanging out with the relatives. They are a bunch of characters, for real. The first night we were here, we had salmon loaf for dinner, and the dog had steak. The second night, we had beans with hot dogs (or bologna, your choice!) and the dog had steak. Then, we went to visit another relative, who unbeknownst to me, entertained the boys with Nickelodeon and a sack of sticky candy: Tootsie Rolls, gumdrops and the like. Sticky candy that I just found smeared around the inside of the dryer of yet a third family member who was generous enough to let us use her laundry facilities. Once. And that's all I have to say about that.

Sadly, marital fealty precludes me from really delving into the... ummm, 'personality quirks' that abound in this little corner of New England. Unless you take me out for many margaritas. Today. CALL ME.

No comments: